Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Welcome to the MAEA Blog

In an effort to stay connected and informed, the MAEA blog will serve as a source to members who are looking to collaborate, communicate, and create with other Visual Arts educators from around the State.

As the new MAEA Digital Editor, I am hoping to bring my love of technology integration to members of the MAEA via this blog. I am Janine Campbell and I have been teaching since 2004. I currently teach at Byron Center Public Schools and here is my classroom blog.

Blogging offers an instant communication tool that can connect students, parents, community members, and other teachers to each other through the few quick strokes the keyboard. Hopefully this blog will help serve as a tool to connect our MAEA community and allow teachers to find collaborating partners when so often we find ourselves as the loners in the end of the hall in our buildings (maybe I am just speaking for myself, but I have a strong feeling that is not the case).

Also feel free to connect via the MAEA group on Facebook! We are over 200 members strong and this is a great resource to connect with other members instantly as well as check out great art competitions, grants, contests, and giveaways!

We would also like to know about your blog/website! Please email the links to be featured on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment